Frequently Asked Questions
Home fueling appliances have a compressor and fueling equipment that usually involve a time-fill over an extended period of six to eight hours.
- The retail price of the appliance.
- Installation costs that include natural gas availability, where the unit is placed and several other factors that vary from one home to the next. Contact a qualified natural gas installer for an estimate.
- Do you currently buy fuel from retail outlets or do you have onsite fueling?
- Would it be more economical to buy natural gas from a retail outlet or to install an onsite fueling station?
- Is public fueling available in your area?
- Total costs to convert existing vehicles to operate on natural gas
- Incremental cost of OEM NGVs
- Available federal, state and local incentives
- Fuel cost savings
- Maintenance cost savings
- Queue priority for NGV taxi or limo fleets
- Priority access to congested areas for NGVs
- Exemption from local TCMs
- Meeting related sustainability goals