Doing business with us
We do business with qualified suppliers and contractors, and we carefully evaluate potential suppliers on the following criteria:
- Competitive Prices
- Safe Work Practices
- Sound Environmental Practices
We've developed and continue to grow a supplier base that includes diverse, ambitious suppliers, that provide quality goods and services at fair prices. Our Supplier Diversity Program helps Peoples Gas do business and pursue partnerships with high-quality small, minority, HUBZone, veteran, service-disabled veteran and women-owned businesses.
Our Supplier Diversity Program objectives are:
- To promote the use of small, minority, HUBZone, veteran, service-disabled veteran and women-owned businesses.
- To participate and host events that assists these suppliers in doing business with us.
- To actively represent TECO in small, minority and women-owned business associations and organizations.
We create a "level playing field" for qualified firms and continually align with non-minority business partners to utilize diverse suppliers and extend the economic benefits to the communities where we live and work.
We accept small, minority, HUBZone, veteran, service-disabled veteran and women-owned business certifications from organizations, such as:
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council;
- Regional Minority Supplier Development Councils of the NMSDC;
- The Women's Business Enterprise National Council; and
- Federal, state and local governmental agencies.
Work with us
To be considered as an approved supplier, please send an email with your company's relevant information (any certifications, licenses, safety programs information and ratings, financial reports, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be invited to register on a the Smart by GEP Platform where your information will be stored on a secure central repository easily accessed by our Contract Managers.
If we see a potential need for your products or services, a representative will contact you to complete registration via an expanded questionnaire. At that time, a determination will be made as to whether your products or services meet our criteria as a qualified supplier. If we do not have a current need for your products or services, your information will be kept on file for 12 months.
Your participation in our program will help maintain compliance with certain contract terms. For example, we'll be able to notify you of expiring certifications. And, you can conveniently update your company's information and contacts, ensuring that we're keeping up to date with you.