The program is intended to apply to all energy-efficient commercial natural gas appliances not eligible under other Peoples Gas Commercial Rebate Programs. To qualify for this rebate program, you must replace an electric appliance with a natural gas appliance meeting all listed requirements.
A $100 per kW (from 6 kW up to 100 kW) allowance is available. For example: 80 kW x $100 = $8,000 maximum.
To qualify you must be an active Peoples Gas customer with an active Peoples Gas meter. Your equipment must be new, not used or refurbished.
Rebate allowances are effective for appliances installed on or after August 1, 2021.
Appliances installed prior to August 1, 2021 will be issued according to the prior approved allowances .
Request a rebate
Please be sure to read all requirements below before starting your application.
Before you begin, be sure to have an electronic copy or scan of the following items saved to your computer:
- Proof of Purchase – Invoices and receipts for purchase must be itemized and marked "Paid in Full" or display a "0" balance. It should also include: purchase price per appliance, date of purchase, quantity of each appliance, appliance description, size, manufacturer, model number, serial number, and total cost.
- Proof of Installation – Your itemized installation receipt must be marked "Paid in Full" or display a "0" balance. It should also include: purchase price per appliance, date of purchase, quantity of each appliance, appliance description, size, manufacturer, model number, serial number, and total cost.
NOTE: Quotes, Proposals or Invoices showing a balance due will not be accepted.
- Photographs of the previous electric or gas appliances at customer location/premise.
- Clear, legible photographs of the serial numbers for each new appliance installed.
As a security precaution, the online application form will "time out" after sitting idle for a period of time. To avoid any inconvenience, you will want to have your electronic documents ready to upload.
Your application must be submitted within 12 months from the date of the appliance purchase.
Please note: The following will not qualify for a rebate:
- Non-commercial grade equipment
- Used or refurbished appliances
- Leased appliances
- Equipment that is more than one-year old from the purchase date on receipt
- Any propane conversions
- Pool Heating/Spas
- Fire logs, fire pits and fireplaces
- Grills and outdoor kitchen cooktops/ranges
- Appliances that were purchased from Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, Salvation Army, eBay or any other thrift stores
- Portable space heating equipment
Making false statements on any Peoples Gas rebate application is punishable by law. Any and all funds determined, in Peoples Gas sole discretion, to have been acquired on the basis of fraudulent or misrepresented information must be returned to the Program. Peoples Gas may refuse payment and participation if the signatory(ies), applicant(s), or customer(s) violate program standards. Peoples Gas is not liable for rebates promised to customers as a result of a contractor misrepresenting the program.
Customer has up to 12 months from the date of appliance purchase to submit for energy conservation rebates. Peoples Gas reserves the right to verify the equipment installation prior to payment of rebates. Peoples Gas reserves the right to require pre-verification for program eligibility under certain circumstances. Peoples Gas may schedule and conduct a post-installation verification prior to payment of any rebate. The actual rebate amount will be determined based on the verification and may vary from the original estimate.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-228-4755 with any questions.
Check the status of a rebate
To access an existing rebate application, select the appropriate link below. After selecting, simply enter the confirmation number you received when you initially submitted your application. This will allow you to check the status and make any changes if needed. If the application shows processed and closed, please allow 7-14 business days to receive a check.
For questions call 813-228-4755 or email email@example.com.
Consult an Energy Expert
With your Peoples Gas service, you can access your local account manager for no additional cost to help with:
- Equipment recommendations,
- Providing rebate information,
- Connecting you with programs to help save you money and time.
Contact your local account manager or call 877 TECO PGS