For more than 125 years, Peoples Gas has been delivering the energy of choice – natural gas – to Floridians. We believe that being a part of the communities we serve means not just providing safe, resilient and affordable energy, but also providing jobs, support and resources.
We live our mission and principles every day, in everything we do.
Make life better for our communities by delivering safe, resilient, clean, affordable natural gas energy solutions.
Working with integrity has always been important at Peoples Gas and Emera's affiliates. Our principles guide us as we hold ourselves to high ethical standards and pride ourselves on our commitment to doing the right thing for our customers, our environment, our shareholders, other stakeholders and to each other. View our principles.
Safety, Health & the Environment:
- We are committed to health and wellness and strive to live and work injury free.
- We believe that all injuries are preventable and that safety of life outweighs all other considerations.
- We are committed to meeting our business objectives in a manner which is respectful and protective of the environment.
- We safely deliver cost-effective and reliable energy to meet our customers' needs.
- We seek cleaner, affordable and more sustainable energy solutions.
- We are deeply invested in our communities.
- We build trust by finding common interest and always acting with integrity.
- We hold ourselves to high ethical standards.
- We comply with the laws, regulations and policies that govern us.
Respect & Collaboration:
- We treat all people with respect and value diversity.
- We achieve results through collaboration.
- We deliver on our commitments to customers, shareholders, other stakeholders and each other.
- We seek continuous improvement and tenaciously pursue creative solutions.
- We invest in the growth of our people and the development of leaders.
Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
We take pride in the fact that we are all different. When we pull our differences together – including who we are, how we think and what we've experienced – we become better and stronger, together. By building and maintaining a workplace where all team members are treated with dignity, fairness and respect, we are building an environment that promotes success.
We believe a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace that includes diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives results in creative, innovative ideas and problem solving, and helps us grow.
To advance this commitment, we established an Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Council in 2020. Comprised of team members from across all levels of the business and the state, the Council is focused on making Peoples Gas a company that values differences through engaged and empowered team members who embrace uniqueness and individuality. We raise awareness and champion diversity through team member spotlights and celebrations, company-wide unconscious bias training, and reviewing and aligning our workforce and talent processes and practices to ensure inclusion and diversity.
Employer and business partner of choice
Our team is made up of members from many diversified groups and represent some five generations – from the Traditionalists to Gen Z. We appreciate the unique perspectives of all team members in our organization.
We also value diversity in our partners, suppliers and vendors. We pursue partnerships and welcome doing business with high-quality small, minority, HUBZone, veteran, service-disabled veteran and women-owned businesses. And we're committed to supporting economic development through partnerships with local businesses. Learn more about becoming a qualified supplier.