- Heats water up to twice as fast as electricity and provides comfort during a power outage
- Tankless technology heats water on demand and is up to 40% more energy efficient
- Tankless models are durable, lasting 20 years on average
- Continuous supply of hot water
- Burner turns on only when water flows
- Small cabinet allows for wall mounting inside or outside home
- Never runs out of hot water
- Extremely efficient. Up to 70% savings over electric water heaters and up to 50% savings over standard gas water units
- Space-savings from 12 to 15 square feet
- Heats water faster
- No electricity needed
- Quick heating at less cost
- Twice the hot water in half the recovery time of electric units
- Operates through power outages
- Extremely efficient and cost effective
- Call Peoples Gas at 877 TECO PGS to find out if energy saving natural gas is available for your home.
- Choose your natural gas appliance(s).
- Select an installing contractor. Find a listing for your area.
- After installation, collect your rebate (if applicable) from your contractor or Peoples Gas. Learn more about Peoples Gas' rebate requirements and how to submit a request.
- Install flow-restricting devices in showers and faucets.
- Lower water heater thermostat settings to 120 degrees F. and dishwasher thermostat to 140 degrees F.
- Install an insulated water-heater wrap on tank units.
- Insulate exposed hot water lines.
- Take showers, not baths and limit shower length to 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off your tank water heater when your home is vacant.
- Drain your tank water heater and flush sediment each year.