Peoples Gas is preparing to implement a new Gas Transportation Management System (GMS) to support scheduling, settlement and reporting functions for gas operations.
We're excited to share with you important information about the GMS upgrade and how this project supports and enhances your experience with Peoples Gas. Please browse through the tabs below to learn more about this project.
If there's something else you would like to know about the new GMS, you can refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or contact us.
Peoples Gas is replacing the SunGard solution and several custom applications with a new vendor-supported Gas Management System that fully supports the gas transportation program business process.
Our new GMS leverages newer technologies that will:
- Drive improvements in scheduling, settlements, and reporting functions
- Create a central repository for all commercial transactions
- Create digital capability to allow customers to access web portal from a variety of devices
- Create standardized and automated business processes to improve accuracy and controls
Visit the Resources tab to learn more.
Looking for a head start on understanding Peoples Gas' new Gas Management System? The following resources will help you get up to speed.
Customer Connect Session I provides an overview of the GMS Project and an introductory look at the new technology.
Customer Connect Session II provides an updated overview of the GMS Project and a walkthrough of the processes that involve ITS customers, Agents and Pool Managers. You'll also see a demo of the new gas management system.
Customer Connect III provides a review of some of the key components of the system, as well as the go-live plan, training plan, and key readiness activities.
GMS Upgrade Project Video introduces the new Gas Management System and provides a demonstration of the frequent transactions performed by the Pool Mangers and Agents.
- Drive improvements in scheduling, settlements, and reporting functions for gas operations
- Create a central repository / system of record for all commercial transactions, pricing, and reference data
- Replace an old system with a faster, easier and more intuitive system that also accommodates usage on multiple browsers
- Provide new digital capabilities with an enhanced web portal
- Create standardized and automated business process to improve accuracy and controls
- Timely and accurate data - daily updated data of scheduled quantities, imbalances and nominations
- Greater control and autonomy to manage your information, enabling you to better manage your customers
- Additional flexibility to export information into your compatible platform and pull data on demand
- Simplified and improved business process to enroll and manage your customers
- Share this information with your colleagues who need to know about the upcoming change
- Download any historical reports and account data you feel is important (recommended)
- Keep management team informed, and participate in the planned system education, testing and training sessions