If you’ve ever had to power through an icy shower after running out of hot water or lost hot water during a power outage, we have some options for you to consider.
A natural gas tankless water heater provides an endless supply of hot water. A tank model will operate during most power outages. Both a tankless and a traditional tank natural gas water heater are energy-efficient, affordable choices for all households.
According to the Family Handyman, tankless water heaters can provide two to five gallons of hot water per minute. In terms of costs, households can save up to 70% when switching from electric water heaters and up to 50% when switching from standard natural gas water heater tanks.
These savings come from no longer needing to store hot water and the burner activating to continuously keep the water hot for eventual use. A tankless unit also saves space — 12 to 15 square feet — and it lasts about 20 years.
Installing a new natural gas water heater not only lowers energy costs—but may also qualify for natural gas cash-back rebates. Or there’s an option to choose the tank or tankless water heater that meets your needs and budget with a simple, low-cost natural gas water heater payment plan added to the monthly Peoples Gas bill.
Natural Gas Water Heater Benefits:
Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- Continuous supply of hot water
- Burner turns on only when water flows
- Small cabinet allows for wall mounting inside or outside home
- Extremely efficient. Up to 70% savings over electric water heaters and up to 50% savings over standard gas water units
- Space savings from 12 to 15 square feet
Natural Gas Tank Water Heater
- No electricity needed
- Quick heating at less cost
- Twice the hot water in half the recovery time of electric units
- Extremely efficient and cost-effective