Gas to Gas
In order to qualify for the Natural Gas to Natural Gas (GtoG) Retention Rebates, Peoples Gas customers must replace their existing natural gas appliances with a new commercial grade ENERGY STAR natural gas appliance. (Tankless water heaters with a minimum efficiency of 82% also qualify for the rebate.) Customers must have an active Peoples Gas Meter to qualify for any rebate.
Customers must also fall within one of the following Business Categories:
- Small & Large Food - Defined as commercial establishments primarily engaged in the retail sale of prepared food & drinks for on premise or immediate consumption. Caterers and institutional food services establishments are also included in this industry.
- Small Food – Customer's annual consumption is less than 9,000 therms.
- Large Food – Customer's annual consumption is greater than 9,000 therms.
- Commercial Other – Defined as commercial customers who are not associated with the food service, hospitality or cleaning industries. Customer's annual consumption is greater than 4,000 therms.
- Hospitality & Lodging – Defined as commercial establishments known to the public as hotels, motor hotels, motels, or tourist courts that are primarily engaged in providing lodging or lodging and meals for the general public.
- Cleaning Services & Laundromat – Defined as commercial establishments primarily engaged in operating mechanical laundries with steam or other power and engaged in supplying laundered or dry cleaned clothing on a contract or fee basis.
Available Commercial Natural Gas to Natural Gas Retention Rebates for qualified businesses include:
How to use these tables: (1) Find the appliance you are installing. (2) If Tank Water Heater or Range, determine Business Category. (3) On your chosen appliance category - find your total cost (purchase + installation) in the cost scale shown. (4) Your rebate will be listed to the right of your listed cost scale.
|Tankless Water Heater
|Tank Water Heater
|Tank Water Heater
All Categories Except Small Food
Large Food & Hospitality
In order to receive a Natural Gas to Natural Gas Retention Rebate, you must meet the following criteria:
- For a customer to be eligible for the GtoG rebate, the replaced appliance must be at its useful age as listed below. Read the chart below to determine the useful age requirement for the natural gas appliance you are looking to replace.
Appliance Useful Age (years)
Water Heater - Tank (WH)
Water Heater - Tankless (TK)
- Appliances installed must be ENERGY STAR certified. (Tankless water heaters with a minimum efficiency of 82% also qualify for the rebate.)
- Qualifying appliances must have been purchased within the 12 months prior to the date of Peoples Gas's receipt of the application.
- Fall within the requirements of a Business Category.
- Replace your old natural gas appliances or equipment with the appropriate commercial grade natural gas appliance or equipment. (Contact a representative at 877-832-6747 to determine if your appliance or equipment is eligible for the rebate.)
NOTE: used, leased or refurbished equipment does not qualify.
- Customer/contractor shall provide manufacturer's specification sheets for the installed equipment.