Keep your bills on the level with our Budget Billing program!
How it works
Peoples Gas' Budget Billing program takes the highs and lows out of monthly natural gas bills. This bill "leveling" program averages your last 12 monthly billing periods so you can pay the same amount for your natural gas service each month, despite seasonal variability.
The difference between the billed amount and the actual amount of natural gas service used is called a deferred amount, which will either be refunded as a credit or applied as a debit over the next 12 monthly payments.
Peoples Gas will recalculate the monthly budget amount each year on your enrollment anniversary.
As a Budget Billing customer, we will continue to read your natural gas meter each month so you can see your actual natural gas usage and cost.
How to qualify
- You must be a residential or small commercial customer.
- You must not owe an overdue balance or have a pending service disconnection order.
- You must have not been disqualified from the program in the past 12 months.
How to enroll
- To sign up, create an online account.
- Or, call our Customer Care department at 1-888-223-0800.
- The next billing cycle will activate your request.
- The monthly designated amount must be paid.
- Late charges do apply.
- Accounts must be maintained current to remain active in the Budget Billing program.
- If your account generates two service disconnection orders within 12 months for non-payment, your account will be dropped from the Budget Billing program.
- Your monthly amount will be recalculated after one year on the program or sooner if significant changes to the monthly consumption patterns occur. The monthly amount may be increased or decreased based on the new calculation.
- Bill messages will appear on your bill with any change made to the budgeted amount.
To discontinue Budget Billing
- When discontinuing Budget Billing the entire deferred balance will be posted directly to your account. If a debit amount, this balance is due on your next statement payment date. If a credit amount, Peoples Gas will credit your statement by that amount.
- To discontinue Budget Billing, log into your account and select the "off" button. Or, call 1-888-223-0800 and speak to a customer service professional.